Friday, August 13, 2010

Candidate chosen - Matt Bradney



Hi there, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Matt Bradney, and I have been selected as the Conservative candidate for the forthcoming County Council By-Election in East Chesterton.

I am absolutely delighted to be standing for election in East Chesterton. For far too long Cambridge has had absolutely no Conservative representation on Cambridgeshire County Council, and I believe Cambridge has been losing out because of this. That’s why I think it is time to get someone working for you who would be better positioned to influence the final decisions that get made and which can have a big impact on our local community.

I am very much a local person and have lived in the area for all of my life. I am 37 years old and married with 3 children. I have run a business in Cambridge for the last 11 years, so I know a lot of the challenges facing Cambridge.

This week I have been out a few times knocking on doors and chatting to lots of residents about their concerns and issues. It is very clear to me that Policing is an issue for East Chesterton. Lots of you have been talking about Anti Social behaviour and Anti Social driving.

I am very supportive of looking at the traffic issues in and around Cambridge, and feel far more could be done to help us move around the city. We already have some great cycling facilities but there is so much more to do. Although we have a good bus service in Cambridge compared to lots of other areas, I will fight to have this improved even further. I will also fight to find funding for the railway station in Chesterton. This will provide all of us with superb transport links and will help the whole North side of Cambridge. Conservatives have been arguing for this for a number of years, and I will continue that.

The A14 also concerns me greatly. I was shocked when I heard that local Liberal Democrats were against upgrading this blighted road. I believe we deserve more in Cambridgeshire, this road costs lives and affects people trying to go about their business in a very serious way. I appreciate that funds are tight and the Government are clamping down on big projects, but I feel very strongly that this particular project should not be one of them. It has a huge financial impact on the County and the region. Not upgrading it cannot be an option.

I am looking forward to making my way round to meet as many people as I can in the next few weeks. If you have any issues, big or small, please get in touch. Either through this blog or email me at mattbradney@gmail.com or call me on 07739 393137.

No comments:

Post a Comment