Monday, August 16, 2010

Just got in from canvassing tonight. Thanks to all the guys for their help. Ed has been amazing these last couple of days. It is very clear that he agrees with me when I say Cambridge deserves a Conservative County Councillor.

I have met loads of the residents of East Chesterton now, and there is always a common theme, usually to do with roads in one way or another. It has always been clear to me that Cambridge has some significant problems with it's transport infrastructure. But it is also clear that policies at County Council need to take into account the unique issues facing Cambridge. The Bus service is something that has been raised by quite a number of residents who feel they have not been well represented in making arguments to Stagecoach to change and improve services. This is just one issue that raises and demonstrates the need for Cambridge, and specifically East Chesterton, to have a Conservative County Councillor. One that will have some influence and can be the voice that has been very sadly lacking for far too long.

I will be out most nights this week meeting more and more residents. Tonight was a really good evening and I met loads of really nice people. They feel that they only get spoken to when there is an election, which may well have been the case. But if I am elected that will change drastically...

No comments:

Post a Comment